Weight: 0 t of waste
Emissions: 0 t CO2e
Note: Unsure of waste category: If you are unable to make assumptions on the types of waste you dispose of, please use the appropriate mixed category.
Note: Recycled waste: For waste that will be recycled, please exclude from the above calculations.
To calculate the greenhouse gas emissions from your waste please follow these steps:
- Enter your waste output in to one or many of the available categories
- You may enter by the Litre, Cubic Metre or Metric Tonne
- A bin for domestic curbside collection is usually 240L
- The household average assumes a full bin of municipal waste every week
- Specify the unit you are using
- Specify the time period to annualise the emissions
- i.e. Specifying 'per week' will multiply your waste output by 52
- Click Add to Total, then start again if you have more than one site
- Use the menu to add other emissions sources or view the total